Facebook Badge

Type in Make/Model for Reviews & Prices from other sources

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Minolta MC/MD Lenses on Olympus DSLRs

I started finding great old Minolta glass (see list below) and I would be happy to sell it to you with either an early SRT 101 or later X-700. My friend Jay shoots an Olympus DSLR and I found out about: Using Minolta lenses on Olympus 4/3 DSLRs. The gist of the article is that using an adapter opens up a whole world of great glass to Olympus DSLR owners. Heck, I am thinking about picking up a used Olympus DLSR body--anybody want to trade a body for some combination of glass & cash?

I just got a less-expensive version of the adapter for $18 and I am anxious for Jay to try it out. I will let you know what he thinks (and whether he wants to buy it or if I can offer it to you).

Minolta MC/MD Lenses:

$89 Minolta Prime MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f1.4--legendary fast glass!

$100 Vivitar Series 1 (MD-mount), 70-210mm f2.8-4.0 Macro Focusing Zoom (condition: 9+) w/ padded case. This is the renowned version 3 of this series (made by Komine). "The 70-210 Series 1 is a great lens for hiking and backpacking. It's light, reasonably fast and replaces several other lenses, not the least of which is a dedicated macro lens. The 1:2.5 ratio of the Vivitar is often good enough for flower and plant "macro" photography."

$49 Minolta MD Rokkor-X, 50mm f1.7 (condition: 9) w/lens case

No comments:

Post a Comment